26 Fun Things
To Do In
Downtown Traverse City
Evening Entertainment in Downtown Traverse City
Now your here,
so what's to do? read on!
Downtown Traverse City has long been one of the best hubs
for entertainment throughout the region, and it remains one
of the top places to be and be seen enjoying nightlife activities.
After dining at one our amazing restaurants, you can check
out a movie at the State Theatre, see a play at the Old Town
Playhouse, or a performance at the City Opera House. Shop to
later hours and experience a variety of hotspots for all ages
in Downtown TC!
Here Is Our To-Do-List, - Also see -
why walk when you can boogaloo!
- Rise and shine, within a few blocks, discover numerous
breakfast cafe's and coffee shops
to help you get your day started
- Stroll over to any of our 3
Downtown Farmers markets
- Turn off your phone and stay out of reach, bask in the
sand at Clinch Park Beach
- Join in on a little, competition of sorts, at the
Volleyball Beach, volleyball courts
- Take a relaxing wind filled trip, climb aboard and pretend
your captain of a
- Visit the Traverse Area
District Library and
Learning Garden & Hull Park
- Take a pleasant stroll, exercise your feet, with a
window shopping walk
down Front Street.
- Relax, play frisbee or fly a kite, at the fresh air
waterfront Open Space site.
- Hop on the boardwalk of the
Boardman River to go duck
and bird watching
- Go swimming or snorkeling off
West End Beach
old pier graveyard, foot of Spruce St.
- Check out the selection of
Diners Downtown or get it to go for a Picnic Basket
- Go hiking, biking or rollerblading on the
- Stroll through the
Grand Traverse Commons
and Marvel at Architecture of Bygone Eras
- Meander Sixth & Washington St's. and marvel forefathers
diversity of Victorian Architecture
- Go back in time, discover our Heritage at
The Grand Traverse
- Walk the boardwalks of the
Boardman River, Downtown
and Boardman Lake Trail.
- Play a game of frisbee golf at the
Civic Center frisbee golf course
- Hike, bike, ski, snowshoe trails at Grand Traverse Commons
- Stop in and swill a fresh cold mug of local brew from
any of our downtown breweries
- Take in a movie at the Classically restored
- Dine in any of the Fabulous
Downtown Restaurants or take it out to the Beach
- Take a trip to the
Top of the Park
in the Beacon Lounge to View Downtown from Above
- See a show at the
City Opera House
- Catch a Play at the
Old Town Playhouse
- Walk out the Pier at Clinch Park Marina and Watch the
- Lay back after dark in the Open Space Park and Gaze
at the moon, the stars, and northern lights
More Area Things To Do
up local jazz performers who play their tunes every Friday and
You can find live music from bluegrass, rock n' roll, blues,
and funk at the Union Street Station, Lil Bo Pub & Grille as
well as Kilkenny's. Try the top of the Park Place Beacon Lounge
for great views of the city and bay where they offer entertainment
on Sunday and Monday nights.
The beer scene in Northern Michigan
is growing rapidly with handcrafted brews that are something
special to talk about. Try a fresh cold one at Northpeak Brewing
Co, Mackinaw Brewing Co or Right Brain Brewery among many others.
More locally brewed beers from around the region and beyond
can be experienced at The Brew and 7 Monks Taproom.
There is something for everyone when it comes to nightlife
in Downtown Traverse City with venues for all ages. Don't miss
out, there is fun to be had!